Raising Brick Wall. Help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:confused:

I have a brick wall which belongs to the neighbour, but I would like to increase the height slightly so I can put up a corrugated sheet and create a small shed.

How do I go about increasing the height of my neighbours wall? I have little room to build in my yard so it would be feasible if it was built off the neighbours wall.

Ideally I want to extend the brick wall up about 2 courses to allow this.

Any other ideas / information would help.

Sponsored Links
Are you sure the wall belongs to your neighbour and is not a shared party wall?

If it is a shared party wall there is nothing to stop you attaching a frame of sorts to your side and increasing the height this way. However, do be very careful you do not take any natural light away from your neighbours property.

Have you spoken to your neighbour to ask what he feels about you raising the height of the wall?

I'm sure its not a shared party wall as it is built onto his side and his render extends onto my side of the brick wall.

The owner has no objections.

I like the frame idea. Could I use an angle iron on the brick wall and build a small 3 course wall onto of that?

I want to ideally make a small home office if feasible.

Sponsored Links
Trouble is I don't have much space to play with, about 2mtr x 2mtrs max that's including building onto the neighbours side

True but I have lots of stock bricks brand new which I could use that's why I was considering this idea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back