Raising floor level in old kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, this is my first post so please go easy on me. I've looked for an answer but not found anything here or elsewhere.

We've taken down an interior wall (non-load bearing) between the dining room and old kitchen to make a larger dining room. The dining room has carpet over parquet flooring that has been there forever and is not causing any problems. The lino that was in the kitchen was on top of lino tiles and then straight onto the concrete. We are planning to carpet (same as dining room) the old kitchen but the floor is 3/8" lower because of the parquet.

What can I use to raise the floor level by 3/8" or 9.5mm which I can then carpet over? There are no damp problems in the concrete base. I'd like to use something non-permanent as at some point in the future, money allowing, it would be good to extend the parquet throughout. Are there any sheet materials that would be strong enough at that thickness?

thanks

John

Sponsored Links
Id just go for some sheets of ply personally and plug and screw them into the old floor, you could then unscrew at some point in the future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back