Raising garage entrance method

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a internal garage, 2.4m wide, in a solid wall building.

Aim to brick up one side of the garage to reduce to 1.6m width then fit French doors. Will have bricks cut out from as is, so new bricks merge in.

... The entrance, I will raise by 140mm (as floor goes up by 161mm total} below make sense?

Use concrete adhesive over a c15cm wide strip spanning the opening right now THEN

Pour some concrete into a channel, wood supports either side while dries (150mm wide, 140mm high, 2400 length)

A 16mm rebar put into above channel before concrete added

Once above done/ a day later, have the dpm sheet going into the garage floor, to wrap round edges, and for this entrance, over the raised entrance THEN

New wood frame/ French door added

All make sense, anything I am missing?
(I was thinking of also later a channel outaide/ parallel to the entrance to take a drain towards the garden)

Sponsored Links
no expert on this but iff you plan on still using as a garage you need a 100mm "step " to seperate garage from habitable area as a fire break
there are also areas where planning may stop you reducing parking space and even not allowing a visual change to garage front so these points may need checking before proceeding but as i say no expert in these areas:unsure:

Hi, no will be liveable room, planning approved :), cannot find anyone to help as I think it's too small a job for them, hence trying to do myself... You think above concrete and dpm made sense?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back