Raising my bath 5-10mm

I bought one of these kits, it's expensive but did the job (walls weren't straight on one end of bath).

I prefilled the big gap with silicone, let that set a couple of days then used the Bath Seal kit to trim it up.

Been on a few years now, easy to clean as well.

Sponsored Links
Yes.It was.Otherwise you would not be in this situation.Maybe it is a flexi cheap and nasty bath too...Sort it properly or it will rot your floor and ceiling.

Thank you. The bath is a reasonably nice one. Just had a plumber round for another job who suggested it needs to be lowered, layer of silicon, raised up to stick it on the base of the tiles then raised up. Then a strip to seal the gap, similar to what others here have suggested. She said she'd sort it for me but then the 1hr shower installation took 5 hrs so I'm back to doing it myself

Those baths were supplied with angle brackets to fix it to the wall, if they have been fitted you will struggle to move it up or down.

Sponsored Links
Mystery solved...

So I don't fully understand what's going on but the 5 legs (1 central) aren't all touching the floor so when someone gets in it moves/flexes until it does. A few turns of the bolts and it's solid. I raised it about 5mm all around which will make sealing a lot easier. Unfortunate noticed a slight leak in the drainage pipe so that's the next job...

Thanks everyone for the advice!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back