Raising my bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,
There seems to be a bit of a gap between the last level of tiles and the top of the bathtub. Can I simply unscrew the top nut on each leg and raise it up and bring up the bottom nut to bring the height up while the bath remains in plave? This will lessen the gap for me to silicone.
Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
Hey mate, thankyou.
Can you shed any more light on how to raise it.... Bit of a step by step guide? I only need to raise it about 5mm so bath panel should be good.
Thanks again

If it's not siliconed in situ then simply raise the feet until it's tight under tiles, check for level, tighten down lock nuts on feet and silicone edge against tiles with bath full of water.

Sponsored Links
Check for leaks, the 5mm lift may have put a strain on the pipe work.
Yes, that's the main problem.
Unscrew the pipe fitting at the trap (not the trap itself) and see what connections are there for hot and cold (make sure there's enough play in them.
Then raise the bath, hoping it's not been siliconed in place.

Needs to be completely clear all the way round the bath edge - no lumps of grout or silicone in the way. If it doesn't lift easily by winding the back legs then probably better to just silicone and cover with a quadrant.

If it's not siliconed in situ then simply raise the feet until it's tight under tiles, check for level, tighten down lock nuts on feet and silicone edge against tiles with bath full of water.
That's brilliant thankyou. I think the tile was blind and stupid.. They put Grout to seal round the edge of the bath rather than silicone so of course it's all crumbled away.... The legs look like this.... Is it straight forward because it didn't seem to budge when I loosened 2 of them. The red circle is where there is 2 nuts either side of the supporting bar so this design is slightly different

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220216-133020.png
    Screenshot_20220216-133020.png
    335 KB · Views: 57
  • _20220216_133102.JPG
    _20220216_133102.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 53
Bath may well (should!) be, screwed to the wall with some 'L' shape brackets that are concealed behind the tiles. I'd be wary of trying to raise the bath without checking for these first, and in any case, would be looking to seal the gap as is, rather than lift the bath to suit.

Bath may well (should!) be, screwed to the wall with some 'L' shape brackets that are concealed behind the tiles. I'd be wary of trying to raise the bath without checking for these first, and in any case, would be looking to seal the gap as is, rather than lift the bath to suit.
Thanks guys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back