Rapid Covid testing in England may be scaled back over false positives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...gland-may-be-scaled-back-over-false-positives

Senior government officials have raised “urgent” concerns about the mass expansion of rapid coronavirus testing, estimating that as few as 2% to 10% of positive results may be accurate in places with low Covid rates, such as London.

Boris Johnson last week urged everyone in England to take two rapid-turnaround tests a week in the biggest expansion of the multibillion-pound testing programme to date.

Its a brilliant scheme to hoover billions into the pockets of Tory donors, Tory MPs and their friends. (y)

Sponsored Links
I wonder at what point offering anyone with a positive test result a paid stay in a quarantine hotel with reasonable access to the minibar might be more economical than lateral flow testing to help bring down infections.

I wonder at what point offering anyone with a positive test result a paid stay in a quarantine hotel with reasonable access to the minibar might be more economical than lateral flow testing to help bring down infections.

Is the hotel owned by a Tory MP or donor?

That is the question. Oh look at them people in a dinghy..

Sponsored Links
Donate to the Tory Party and you will get a free covid pass like Boris Dad. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
More cobblers. Perfectly allowed under the rules no matter what your political (if any) leanings are. I suspect the hate is probably generated by those who haven’t worked hard enough in life to own a property abroad that they can rent out....

More cobblers. Perfectly allowed under the rules no matter what your political (if any) leanings are. I suspect the hate is probably generated by those who haven’t worked hard enough in life to own a property abroad that they can rent out....
I think you miss the point, that the rules were written to allow Boris's dad to do what he wanted. The Golden rule, he who has the gold makes the rules.

I think you miss the point, that the rules were written to allow Boris's dad to do what he wanted. The Golden rule, he who has the gold makes the rules.
It was allowed well before he went abroad, wasn’t it?

QED.

Mottie more upset at a joke than tens of billions in waste. You are a cultist. Bojo dad took a flight to Greece via Bulgaria to avoid Greece flight ban from the UK to go and covid proof his villa - hmm so he couldnt get someone to do that.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Poor Mottie. The Tory patsy.

Bojo dad took a flight to Greece via Bulgaria to avoid Greece flight ban from the UK to go and covid proof his villa
Rules are there to be bent. ;) Don’t tell me you’ve never bent them to your advantage over the years?

Rules are there to be bent. ;) Don’t tell me you’ve never bent them to your advantage over the years?
So is this the same mottie who said, "I'm under the same rules as you whatever government is making the rules and let’s not pretend otherwise"?

:rolleyes:

So is this the same mottie who said, "I'm under the same rules as you whatever government is making the rules and let’s not pretend otherwise"?

:rolleyes:
Yep. Are you the same Ellal that said "That said I live by MY commercial moral code...which is that I will decide what is right or wrong"?

Looks to me that you are saying it’s okay for you to bend the rules when it suits you. Perhaps those government members also live by their own moral code, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back