A dangerous cult now runs Britain

Sponsored Links
The only enlightenment I can bring is to point out that the letter was not critical of The Guardian.

Why on earth do you think it was?

Sponsored Links
You've misinterpreted and put your own spin on what was said.
Barnier said, "we are at a key point, we were ready on Friday to make this agreement, but it stuck on the backstop, there is also a strategic and tactical reason which is using Ireland for future negotiations, isolating Ireland and not closing this point, leaving it open for the next two or three years, and in that case we will clearly face permanent pressure on the negotiations about trade, the Single Market because of Ireland, and we have to careful what the reaction will be of the EU states and the EU Council"

This conversation quite obviously took place during May's negotiations because the backstop was mentioned. That never entered any of the discussions with Boris. That issue had been ditched by Boris. So the conversation had no relevance whatever to the current situation on the NI Protocol.
Additionally, the statement by Barnier could easily be interpreted as using Ireland for any future discussions, i.e not exploiting the potential for conflict, but using Irish politicians or even Irish territory for future discussions.
He also referred to isolating Ireland, i.e. isolating Ireland from within the EU, or from the negotiations, and leaving it open for two or three years. For final agreement at a later date, which illustrates the lengths Barnier was prepared to go in order to reach an agreement. But he was conscious of the feeling within the EU of that potential process.

So clearly, some political parties within NI have scrutinised very carefully and extracted minute segments of conversations and turned them to their own political argument.
Now which NI party or politician has the motivation or resources to do that?
Clearly you are leaning very heavily on those political sources and resources to make your points.

The above says it all.
Although i think he know regrets his actions.
He has an improved reputation now in Europe.
He doesn't regret that.
You're making silly assumptions about what Barnier is thinking.
Stick to reading your NI propaganda. You'll like that much more.

Sponsored Links
Back