"apoplectic" Trump rants at foreign leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
"Donald Trump vented “apoplectic” fury at Boris Johnson in a tense phone call over Britain’s decision to allow Huawei a role in its 5G mobile phone networks, according to officials in London and Washington.

The British prime minister spoke to the US president last week soon after he announced his decision to allow the Chinese manufacturer to participate in the UK’s next-generation cellular network. This was in spite of vocal opposition from senior figures in the Trump administration, which is opposed to Huawei on national security grounds.

Following the decision, Britain and the US tried to gloss over their differences with muted public statements. But one individual briefed on the contents of the call said Mr Trump was “apoplectic” with Mr Johnson for his Huawei decision and expressed his views in livid terms.

A second official confirmed that the Trump-Johnson call was “very difficult”. British officials with knowledge of the exchange said they were taken aback by the force of the president’s language towards Mr Johnson."

https://www.ft.com/content/a70f9506-48f1-11ea-aee2-9ddbdc86190d

Sponsored Links
I wonder what Boris waffled back!:p Must say I am a bit dubious about the Huawei business though myself.
Still would not be surprised to see Trump in for another term, he has p***d of lots of people but not his core support.

The huawei deal Bojo is just for non core equipment. So Bojo can sell it as standing upto Trump but it isn't.

Sponsored Links
Not quite sure what the fuss is about (apart from security) but Huawei have been suppliers of 4G kit for a while, the USA has few offerings in the 5G space?

Shame the tit is the healthiest and fittest president in the history of healthiest and fittest presidents ever.....

Not quite sure what the fuss is about (apart from security) but Huawei have been suppliers of 4G kit for a while, the USA has few offerings in the 5G space?

Huawei was just the unfortunate company caught in the crosshairs of the Trump / China tradewar.

To be fair, if the likes of GEC Marconi weren't sold off in hostile takeovers or allowed to be by the government for defense reasons and BT was still government owned or at least if the government had a controlling stake (there may be other telecommunications companies I can't think of), and globalism hadn't happened, we would have our own 5g kit and wouldn't be reliant on the likes of huawie.

I’m not convinced of their independence. A lot of state sponsored hacking comes from China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back