Rapport any good???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, been having slow running probs with my laptop and just looked in the program list and noticed i have rapport installed?? so thought i would try installing it? bingo can't believe the difference in speed has anyone else had this problem with rapport? I am now wondering though is it save to shop and bank online? i am running Microsoft essentials and malwarebytes???

Sponsored Links
gemshan1

If you are confident in using a PC & can spot unusual behaviour then you should be fine without Rapport

Make sure you have a good internet sercurity suite installed & you should be fine

I think some banks( RBS do ) have it in their terms & conditions that you must be using Rapport as part of your security for on-line banking. Uninstalling it ( which is what I presume you mean) may lead to problems in the event of something going wrong.

Sponsored Links
Neither of which (RBS/Santander) I would touch again with a Bargepole, nor Rapport. Something that tracks what user id and password I use on banking websites is just asking for abuse and opening another hole!

Add to that the fact that Rapport seems to refuse to install if you have most virus scanners installed (but IIRC doesn't scan for viruses itself) and it's a no go for me!

i installed rapport for my on line banking but it made my computer so slow i had to delete the bloody thing and it took me ages to remove it - it also conflicted with my existing firewall and it refused to remove itself without a struggle - it still exists in my files and i sent it to a zipped folder and then got rid - i would not recommend it really

Back