Rattling Pipes! HELP!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Help needed if you can!

I keep having a rattle/vibration that pulsates through my central heating pipes and radiators which is only aleviated by turning on a hot tap in either the kitchen or bathroom.

I regularly bleed my radiators and release the pressure back into the system, but this continues.

I have no knowledge in this field so please give any advice.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Still having this issue. Let me try and fully explain.

When I have central heating on, I will get this rattling noise that echoes through my pipes but will stop if I turn on a hot tap either in the bathroom or kitchen.

I also find that if I turn the knob attached to the radiator down from say 5 to 4 then back up to 5 again, it will stop but start up again intermitently.

I found myself staying awake all last night because everytime I started to drift to sleep it started and I had to go to the bathroom and turn the tap on! I ended up playing PS3 all night!

Please help me obi-wan, you are my only hope..!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back