raven heat white star/little starl100t combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
problem with the boiler is its keeps building pressure on the central heating until the saftey pressure release blows could any one help with this problem, as too which component needs replacing to rectify it .many thanks lee621

Sponsored Links
ok clever cloggs.

repressurise expansion vessel or locate associated blockage & renew prv.

+ write a book entitled 'how to ingratiate yourself on forums'

i dont have a problem with my boiler & if i did i can fix it without assistance.

Sponsored Links
sorry not that stupid any serious suggestions

In that case surely you can work out what might be at fault on your own?

As a starter, remove filling loop, see what that does.

If it continues then turn off mains water into the boiler.

Apologies to Spaceheat.

Tony

thanks to space the heat for confirming my suspicions on the expansion tank front, i just wanted a second opinion before the boiler was removed from the wall,will keep you posted thanks again

why on earth do you want to take it off the wall without finding out if its necessary ?

sorry space the gas already tried your suggestions could not find blockageand ive aready replaced pressure release valve so i assumed it was a fault with the expansion tank .what do you think?

the expansion vessel may well be at fault.
i suggest you check to see if it is first.

if it does in fact requires replacement (which i very much doubt) the manufacturers recommend a different course of action that would be considerably cheaper & faster.

then once its sorted change the prv again.

Does pressure increase all the time or only when operating? I cannot see why the expansion vessel would increase pressure. Domestic/secondary heat exchanger defective might though.

Does pressure increase all the time or only when operating? I cannot see why the expansion vessel would increase pressure. Domestic/secondary heat exchanger defective might though.

AlanE.

please note its probably best to only offer serious suggestions as the op is not stupid.

Alan, he knows exactly whats wrong but is just asking for second opinions.

He has not even acknowledged my suggestions!

I think that I will edit them away shortly as not only does he not require any help but he ignores it if we do offer it.

Tony

as the heating is being used the presure slowly builds until the prv blows

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back