RAVENHEAT 820/20T FANNED COMBI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My normally reliable boiler has decided that it will no longer supply me with hot water or if I attempt to ignite the boiler via the CH wall thermostat, the boiler again will not ignite. The pilot light is burning bright. I replaced the PC board(incl relays) last year.

Any ideas of what might be causing the problem ?

Many thanks,

Steve

Sponsored Links
When was it last serviced?

Those problems are usually gas train related and it may need you to call a compentent gas engineer. Not all like this model so you should only call someone who knows the boiler and is prepared to repair it rather than just say it should be replaced.

Presumably the pressure is about 1.5 bar?

Tony

Hi Tony, thank you for the reply.....I have to admit the boiler has not been serviced for a number of years'......the pressure is approximately 1.5bar.

If there's an engineer out there who is familiar with this boiler and who won't rip me off please get in touch. I live near Northampton.

Many thanks,

Steve

You don't say if the fan or pump runs or not.On any demand the pump should run and the fan should go to high speed.

Sponsored Links
You need to check for mains voltage at gas valve solenoid and if present then suspect the gas valve.If no voltage then suspect the air pressure switch.The tests required are best left to RGI's as combuston covers need to be removed.There is a limit stat that can fail in open position and will give you the same symptoms.

Many thanks for the advice......if there's a registered engineer, who is familiar with the Ravenheat system and doesn't charge the earth, please give me a shout, I live near to Northampton.

Many thanks,

Steve

I had an engineer out and a blocked pressure switch(5009040) seems to be the problem; there's also a couple of tubes which connect onto the switch, he gave them a blow out and all is back to normal. He thought the pressure switch might go altogether at some point.

I think I'll purchase one just in case, I should be able to install it myself, only a couple of plastic tubes to connect and a couple of wires to swop over.

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back