Ravenheat 84ET

afh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a ravenheat 84ET which is playing up. You turn dhw on or ch or both the boiler fan kicks in and thats it until you hit the the front of the boiler towards the top right hand side.
It then kicks in and runs until the water is switched off or it reaches its temp then it does it again.
I have had the fan changed also the ignitor board.
Anybody out there got any ideas or solutions?

Sponsored Links
I expect that the device that checks the operation of the fan is not operating reliably.

However, checking, fixing or replacing those parts needs a gas qualified engineer.

Tony

or there is a problem with either the flue or case seal/case integrity.

the 84 ET is incredibly sensitive to small changes in air pressure and from experience it would seem it needs a lot of negative pressure to work reliably.

i have had the fan changed and the ignitor module. looking in the manual in the location we have to knock there is a pressure switch could this be the problem?

Sponsored Links
I expect that the device that checks the operation of the fan is not operating reliably.

However, checking, fixing or replacing those parts needs a gas qualified engineer.

Tony

I dont give advice on DIY gas work.

That is in accordance with this site policy!

You need a competent boiler engineer and not a parts changer with nil diagnostic skills.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back