Ravenheat RFS 84ET.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
H'i Folks,
I have a Ravenheat RFS 84ET boiler, which is less than 3 year old and its packed up.
I have no hot water, or heating. So I followed the fault finding chart in the manual to the letter, and have now arrived at the point where it says: check/change potentiometer, if not that, renew the PCB. Which I've priced up and is quite expensive at £141.00 with VAT, and Postage. So I would obviously like to be sure, and rule out any other possibilities before I go ahead and purchase one.
As I said before, everything seems OK up until where the fault finding chart says: does the pump run ? (Yes it does) does the fan run ? (No it doesn't) I have checked for 240v at the fan, and there isn't. That's why I think it is probable the PCB.
Any help, or advice on this would be most appreciated. Many thanks.
Davexx.

Sponsored Links
Any help, or advice on this would be most appreciated. Many thanks.
Davexx.

Well to be honest, it`s the pcb innit? don`t waste your money buying a new one for this pile of sh*ite, invest in a decent boiler, once you start paying out on these you won`t stop, save your money buy summat decent. ;)

Sponsored Links
Dont jump to PCB first!

Are you gettin 240volts to the pcb?? and nothing happening?

if so check your CH thermistor first! if CH thermistor is knacked this boiler will not do anything like ur saying

LOL might say u a fortune!

Hello again,
Have checked, and double checked all of the above suggestions ( APS, DHW/CH sensors, ect) the only other items unchecked are the potentiometers, and circuit PCB

Better to post your own new thread.

No two boiler faults are usually EXACTLY the same.

I will be at the Castle Balti, Warwick tomorrow evening so if the OP wants to come over and tell me what happened then I will be there!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back