RavenHeat Combi RSF 84ET

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Ive have the Ravenheat RSF 84ET, had a problem with the water running hot for a couple of mins then cutting out before restarting again making showering fun. Ive also noticed that when the heating is on and cycling it comes on and off seriously quickand i think its over using gas. Both HW and CH stats are set to the dot which is about 3/4 setting. The cycle is roughly gas burning for 10-15secs then off for 30secs then cycle restarts. Its only running four radiators in a one bedroom flat but im sure this is incorrect.

Its a rented flat and ive recently taken a contract out with british gas for boiler repair. They have been out today replaced both HW and CH thermistors and the big radiator looking heating unit.

My hot water is working fine now but the temp on the CH is still one and off in the same cycle. I have been to a 5 bedroom house running the same boiler on the same stat setting and there cycle was more like gas burning for 30-35 secs then off for more like 3mins before repeating.

Is my boiler wasting my gas or am i being paranoid and is there a simple reason to this??

Thanks

Tim.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back