Ravenheat CSI 85 A Boiler - Diverter issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening All

Our Boiler stopped working for hot water unless the heating is on. Having a good knowledge of the workings, I've spotted the Diaphragm isn't moving enough to press the micro switch, also when the hot water is flowing it isn't as hot as normal and the CH seems to also flow so guessing the 3way diverter isn't moving fully.

I've ordered and fitted a new Diaphragm but noted that 1) the centre bar on the new one was shorter than the one fitted, and when fitted wasn't out enough so have swapped to the original bar. But 2) that there is still the limited amount of movement as before.

As the opposite end simply sits inside the diverter body there's nothing to impede is movement?

Any ideas?

Thankyou in advance.

KR

David

Sponsored Links
It is possible to swap the shafts between the old diaphragm and the new one, but very fiddly, you remove the tiny circlips and swap them over, take pics of everything before you remove any of the circlips so you know how to put them back together

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Yeah have tried that, (in my explanation that's what i meant by 'bar'). The old one is slightly longer, but the amount of movement is still the same and not enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back