Ravenheat csi85 real problems with hot water and rad temp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Have had brand new central heating system fitted with a ravenheat csi85. There are some problems so far with heating and water. I have a sirus wireless thermostat fitted too. The problems are as follows:

1. When heating is on and set to the thermostat the boiler cuts out prior to the temperature on the thermostat being reached.

2. When heating is on radiators loose heat mainly from the bottom of the rad. This seems to happen to different radiators at different times so 7 out of 8 rads may be red red hot but one will be hottish at the top and cold/warm at the bottom.

3. When the heating is off the hot water only runs luke warm.

This boiler was only commissioned 2 weeks ago so not sure what could be wrong. The pipes also bang when warming up/cooling down and sometimes when running at a very high temp setting on the wireless thermostat. All rads bar the bathroom towel rail are fitted with trv's.

My installer has been back once and claims things are now OK and that the creaking/banging will go in time. I have had Ravenheat out once and they fixed something (this was dealt with between the installer and the engineer as weirdly despite me owning the boiler they would only deal with the installer!!

Anyway, what should I do, what do you reckon is wrong and who should I be moaning to Ravenheat or the installer?

Thanks for any help in advance

Paul

Sponsored Links
I suppleied the boiler and rads it was a pack from Selco. The Ravenheat Engineer came out once before as I said and said there was a fault on the boiler. Apparently if it had been the fault of the installer then he would have had to pay for the visit.

I am at my witts end with this, I have had a full refurb done on the house and this is the only issue. The rest has been done to a pretty high standard for a reasonable price. I am thinking to get Ravenheat out and then I can hear from the horses mouth exactly what teh issue is and then I can be in no doubt.

We do have heating and we do have hot water but we also only have warm water when the heating is off and we do have clunking noises when the boiler runs at a high temp or cools down. Jus a disaster, I am worried about getting carpets fitted this week if we need to take floorboards up. Just hard work! Thanks for the response though.

I am at my witts end with this, I have had a full refurb done on the house and this is the only issue. The rest has been done to a pretty high standard for a reasonable price. I am thinking to get Ravenheat out and then I can hear from the horses mouth exactly what teh issue is and then I can be in no doubt.

Pity that you did not get a better standard of boiler then!

Sponsored Links
Yes, thanks for that, i am always amazed that some of the people on here know everything about everything and seem to gloat at the mistakes/lack of knowledge of those that post asking for advice.

i would not dare suggest that you have ever bought something a little cheaper because you could not afford a top of the range model or you shop at maybe Asda/tesco/Morrisons rather than Waitrose/M&Sbecause you find those supermarkets adequate for your needs, however it is my understanding that much like my car (which is cheaper than a bentley) the boiler I bought should be fit for the purpose it was sold. the boiler I bought should easily heat my home and water for longer than two weeks.

Anyway, I am getting drawn in to something which I really can't be bothered with, I just hope that you enjoy life in your ivory tower lording it on the world wide web, master of all you purvey ..................on a computer in sadber space. Why not get offline, find your friends, get down to the pub or let yourself go by having your page three girl wife suck you off cause she is so proud that her man bought a Worcester and not a Ravenheat..................the mark of a real man :LOL: They always say a great boiler is just an extension of a small minded man's manhood don't they ;)

So as I understand it ?? u are saying that the boiler cuts out switches off prior to the room stat acheiving its set temp ??

Or am I mis under standing u ??

saulus ? radio stat ? took 2 back to the merchants today callabration way out set them at 20 cutting out at 14 or 15

Hot water ? the boiler should be producing 10 to 11 (approx) litres a minute at a temp rise of 35 degs c so if the temp of the incoming mains is 5 degs c the boiler should be producing 11 litres a minute at 40 degs ??

Hot water tepid ?? unless the heating on ? sounds like a boiler issue ?

afaik the boiler should be fitted with an external by pass ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back