Ravenheat LS80 no DHW, thermistor and diaphramn changed

Not 6 pages ago..I think..but I also agreed to close the thread a while ago...not for the arguments. THE THREAD CAN GO NO LONGER UNTIL THE DIVERTOR VALVE IS REPLACED.

For the Nth time. I have NO money to replace the divertor valve, and the cost of it's replacement £250.

I replace that part. And it doesn't fix the fault. How much egg on faces?

I was told 2 parts were 'DEFINATELY' the cause of the problem. That wasn't. Now I'm told that a 3rd part is DEFINATELY the problem. I've been lied to by 4 engineers, that 'supposedly are 'experts' in their field..by people that have looked at my boiler.

If all boiler engineers disagree with one another, and don't know the answer to a problem, don't post! I've been told twice that a part is a definate problem, when it wasn't.

Sponsored Links
Not 6 pages ago..I think...

Well, page 1 anyway.

For the Nth time. I have NO money to replace the divertor valve, and the cost of it's replacement £250..

Tbh the posts on this forum are pretty general to help anyone with a similar problem. It doesn't really matter to us whether you can afford to fix yours or not.

I replace that part. And it doesn't fix the fault. How much egg on faces?

If you replaced it as you say then absolutely none, if your gasman fitted it then very little as he cannot make a 100% diagnosis until he has begun work on the boiler. He can only make an initial diagnosis, as we did, from the symptoms described.

For the Nth time. I have NO money to replace the divertor valve, and the cost of it's replacement £250.

A professional electronics engineer should be able to afford to live.

I am sure we have already told you that the diverter valve is only about £110 to buy.

You have not told us where you found your engineers.

British Gas would have done a fixed price repair for you at about £180 including parts.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sorry to poke my nose in But does anyone know if this is the same Giannoni ?? divertertor valve the as fitted to Alpha cb 24 & 28 ????? if so £50 + vat??????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back