RavenHeat LS80T Little Star auto air vent leaking water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

My Ravenheat ls80t suddenly started expeling water from the auto air vent whilst the CH was on. I have since cleaned the heat plate and checked the divertor valve operation. (the heat plate was scaled and has since been descaled - the DV was fine) Howver whenever I now fill the boiler back up (1 bar) the auto air vent starts to leak.

Is it cruciall that I turn the D H+C W on before refilling?

Does anyone have any ideas, help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
doh - no it didn't. I am just in the proccess of cleaning it now.
Do you think that will do it, the operation of the vavlve seemed fine in terms of movement etc. Is there anything else that I should check?

Thanks for reply

Sponsored Links
Thanks mate. I'll reasemble tomorrow and hopefully it'll be good to go.

Can I just ask why the water would travel up there anyway?

its under system pressure
if there is air in the vent the float sinks and lets the air out till the water gets in and raises the float closing the valve

if there is dirt in the valve seating it wont seal ;)

you can close the cap (screw it down) as a short term fix but it needs looking at

thanks for explnation - should I just replace the air vent as I beleive they are pretty cheap (around £5 ish)?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back