Ravenheat water too hot.

Having found that the c/h has now stopped working I decided to change pcb.
Bought one from Ebay (new) the seller had a good rating so I thought this would be ok.

I installed the pcb, great everything worked until water leaked over the burner!

Dried everything out, could not find anywhere the water had leaked from.
I discovered that with the replacement pcb fitted the boiler fires up as soon as dhw or c/h is selected without turning the hot tap on. That is to say I cannot stop the boiler from firing up unless I turn the selector to off.

With the original pcb (I swapped them back) I can have dhw but no c/h.

Should I conclude that I was sold a faulty pcb of could there be anything else worth checking?

By the way there is no sign of a leak now so I am guessing the problem was with the replacement pcb installed the dhw overheated (as the hot taps were turned off) & perhaps pressure escaped through the air vent?? No sign of water from the pressure relief valve though.

Sponsored Links
Further to the above...

I don't like giving up so I decided to keep fiddling.

I disconnected the potentiomiters at the new pcb one at a time & fired the boiler up.

Did this a couple of times & so far the boiler is now performing correctly with full temperature control over c/h & dhw.

I cannot say that I have a conclusive explanation for the saga but at least now we have the boiler up & running.

Thanks again for all input.. except for the skip :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back