Ravenheat DHW probs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Ravenheat CSi 85T and the CH works fine. DHW heats up gets hot and then boiler cuts out and then restarts - heats up, gets hot, cuts out etc

Have replaced the DHW thermistor but no success. Anybody any idea what next?

Many thanks.

Vin

Sponsored Links
Vinno said:
I have a Ravenheat CSi 85T and the CH works fine. DHW heats up gets hot and then boiler cuts out and then restarts - heats up, gets hot, cuts out etc

Have replaced the DHW thermistor but no success. Anybody any idea what next?

Many thanks.

Vin

Sounds like your plate heat exchanger could be the culprit ;)

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
scatmanjohn said:
corgiman said:
are you an RGI?

Are you Tony Glazier in disguise :LOL: :LOL:

Nope Ravenheat=B+Q B+Q=some DIY knowitall Numpty Nuts = Hard working RGI going short= affects us all

balls to him

The clue is in the name of the web site ;)

As long as he ain't messing with the gas then its fine with me.

Your in a bad mood tonight CM..Tough day at the coal face :LOL:

c/h sensor faulty.It acts as overheat as well.Could also be partially blocked venturi or faulty aps.Is heating going up ch pipes when on dhw.If so new diverter.Ravenheat cheap crap in my opinion.What i would class as a throw away boiler.
remember if you break the case seals you are responsible for checking for spillage and the flue efficasy afterwards.If you don`t know what you are doing phone local RGI.

The obvious cause is a blocked plate HE.

The "one post" DIYer has not apparently bothered to check that. Its usually because they dont understand how they get blocked so easily when the system is not cleaned.

So if Vinny is still there the first part to check with that symptom is the plate HE.

Tony

scatmanjohn said:
corgiman said:
scatmanjohn said:
corgiman said:
are you an RGI?

Are you Tony Glazier in disguise :LOL: :LOL:

Nope Ravenheat=B+Q B+Q=some DIY knowitall Numpty Nuts = Hard working RGI going short= affects us all

balls to him

The clue is in the name of the web site ;)

As long as he ain't messing with the gas then its fine with me.

Your in a bad mood tonight CM..Tough day at the coal face :LOL:

Yes it was a very very very bad day

But hey Ho not a bad day to day

:)

nickso said:
Vinno said:
Perhaps its the reactor core that faulty? You nasty boys! :rolleyes:

flux capacitor on that model

was the flux capacitor fixed as standard on this one, I am sure its probably the coal chute thats become uncalibrated, which in turn has misaligned the giggly pin which has throw out the timing of the selubricator

very comman fault

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back