Ravenheat Whitestar Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Ravenheat Whitestar boiler which is just over 2 years old.

Recently, I have been experiencing waves of cold water through my hot taps, which has got progressively worse to the point that I now get just cold water with occasional hot waves.

My central heating does not appear to be operating properly either.

I don't know much about boilers, but I've checked the pressure which is steady at just above 1.5, which I think is correct.

I'm not looking for the exact answer as to how to fix this, but some help on identifying the problem would be much appreciated so I can arrange to have it fixed as appropriate.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
OK, watch the boiler with a hot tap open wide.
Does it go on - off - on - off??
Now turn tap off, CH on. Does it do the same?

How frequently, in both cases?

The boiler seems to stay on all the time, but as the boiler is almost totally encased I can't see much.

The green light stays on anyway - but the ignition is not visible without removing the case.

A guy came out to look at this tonight.

He couldn't find the exact problem but says the circuit board needs replaced which is expensive. He has recommended I use the British Gas fixed price deal.

Since he left I have had a hot shower and had the heating on for 2 hours before I turned it off.

He did say that the circuit board will still be capable of giving the correct signals at times, just that it won't do what I want it to consistently.

Does this sound right or was he just unable to find the right answer?

Sponsored Links
A guy came out to look at this tonight.

He couldn't find the exact problem but says the circuit board needs replaced which is expensive. He has recommended I use the British Gas fixed price deal.

Since he left I have had a hot shower and had the heating on for 2 hours before I turned it off.

He did say that the circuit board will still be capable of giving the correct signals at times, just that it won't do what I want it to consistently.

Does this sound right or was he just unable to find the right answer?

Sounds a bit of a cop out to me

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back