RAVENHEAT WHITESTAR LS100T COMBI LUKEWARM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, this is my first post and am hoping someone has some knowledge that can help me, I've got a ravenheat whitestar LS100T combi, the CH seems fine and gets really hot but the hot tap runs lukewarm, the system is about 3-4 years old and has had the diaphragm replaced about a year ago, there are leak marks/corrosion on the seal on the end of the diverter and on the pipe coming out the bottom of the 3 way diverter (this is dripping very slightly) there is also leak/corrosion around the DHW sensor on a small U section of pipe going into the heat exchanger, I've just had a plumber round and he said the 3-way diverter and the heat exchanger have scaled up and need replacing (looking online these parts are about £120 each) does this seem like a possible cause?
Many thanks simon
sorry just found the reciept, it was fitted july 2003!

IMG_0206.jpg

Sponsored Links
Why are u asking ?? do u not trust him ??? scaled up plate exc will cause the water ( domestic ) to be at a low temp ! divertor appears to be or has been leaking ?

Why are u asking ?? do u not trust him ??? scaled up plate exc will cause the water ( domestic ) to be at a low temp ! divertor appears to be or has been leaking ?

Don't know but I always seem to get ripped off (pay for an expensive repair and the problem re-occurs, usually with the car, and as with mechanics if you don't know you just take someones word for it so i thought I'd run it by a wide group of people with expertise and see if thats the general concensus) I read some stickys saying that this problem could be down to the DHW thermistor sensor or DHW potentometer which are considerably cheaper solutions, so just thought i'd get a second opinion thats all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back