Rawl Plugs for 6kg Mirror in Bathroom

nothing can be SCREWED into the mirror frame as this is no "frame". it's a glass mirror and it's all glass.
you can see the fixing that is on the mirror in the image i attached to the opening post.

so to confirm, standard rawl plugs will hold well over 6kg even when the item is essentially just hanging on the screw that sticks out attached to the rawl plug?

Sponsored Links
Ah, ok.
I missed the picture of the mirror.
In that case, see my previous post where i put links to 2 suitable products.
Second one a bit over the top, but never too safe.

Good luck with that. Last time I tried getting something from the local branch (last Friday) they had no stock, were in semi-lockdown mode (collection by appointment only) and even then they got me the wrong item...

I am leery of using plastic plugs in plasterboard, TBH. Best fixings I can think of for this task are the Rawl or Fischer "umbrella" fixings (metal plasterboard fixings). Ideally these should be installed using the specific installation tool (about a tenner), but I've used these things for Spur shelving in shops and toilet roll holders in public buildings amongst other things so 6kg isn't an issue especially if you pull them up with the right installation tool. Avoid cheap knock off versions of the fixings, though

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Good luck with that. Last time I tried getting something from the local ranch (ladt Friday) they had no stock, were in semi-lockdown mode (collection by appointment) and even then they got me the wrong item...

I am leery of using plastic plugs in plasterboard, TBH. Best fixings I can think of for this task are the Rawl or Fischer "umbrella" fixings (metal plasterboard fixings). Ideally these should be installed using the specific installation tool (about a tenner), but I've used these things for Spur shelving in shops and toilet roll holders in public buildings amongst other things so 6kg isn't an issue especially if you pull them up with the right installation tool. Avoid cheap knock off versions of the fixings, though
The plate on the rear of mirror won’t accept the large head of those fixings .

Yes, but those screw heads will carry a metal hook..... and that will work
Has to be a screw head , no room for curve of a hook .Only around 4-5mm deep .The hooks also tend to have a stop on them preventing them from going deep enough and they can only be adjusted with a complete turn unlike screw which can be adjusted to a much finer and there accurate distance .

Last edited:
I take it from that that you aren't very handy with coat hangers and pliers, then. Worth noting that the umbrella fixings I've referred to above actually take machine screws (generally M4 or M5) - and that countersink head machine screws can be had from all sorts of places

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the Fisher fixings do come with screws, but you can use all sorts of other ones. It’s really not that difficult.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back