Rayburn and central heating problem hot upstairs cold down?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I really hope someone can help.
My mums house has a Rayburn cooker that also heats the central heating.
She recently had the place decorated and the decorators forgot to engage some valve that allows the radiators to heat up ( I am not sure how this works exactly but its a simple gravity system with a pump added) anyway everything got hot int he loft and the condensation almost brought the roof down.

Anyway the rads are hot upstairs and cold down.
My dad bled the radiators but this has not worked (I'm not sure if the Rayburn was off as I think it would need to be?!).

The plan was to turn of all rads using the balancing valve and then one by one turn them back on after bleeding each one staring with the rad nearest the Rayburn.

Is this a good plan?

Sorry for essay and all suggestions welcome

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Dunno about deccies shutting valves :confused: Did they remove any rads :?: . Sounds more like the pump has stopped working and the hot water is going round upstairs by gravity circuit -. Can ye hear t`pump running when it`s supposed to ;)

No rads removed as far as I know.
I will try opening and closing some rads and run the pump at different speeds in case it's an air lock. Failing that I will try and empty the CH circuit and refill it.

Will investigate further tomorrow and report back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back