Rayburn Programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We currently have a ~20 year old Rayburn gas fired cooker (Royal GDO). It's cooking only (no CH or DWH) and the only control currently is the thermostat wheel.
We'd like to have an electronic timer for it such that it can be programmed to heat up every day for dinner etc, as it takes about 30 mins to heat up and it's a pain when someone forgets to turn it on.
The manual makes reference to an electronic programmer unit, but I don't think this is available for our model any longer and there isn't much reference to it on the internet.

The Rayburn is currently fed from an FCU (3 amp), and the electricity is only used to power the solenoid via the thermostat. When the power is off the pilot light is of course still lit, but it won't fire up until the electricity is back on to open the solenoid.
I was therefore wondering about using an ordinary electronic timer designed for use with a CH boiler. It would be wall mounted and connected between the Rayburn and FCU.
In fact, the manual has a wiring diagram for their programmer that operates in exactly the same way as a boiler timer (wiring the same as what I am proposing), only it would have been inside the cooker rather than external.

I'm pretty sure this is feasible, but any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
The instalation instructions say you can do as you suggest but you need to do it according to this circuit diag.
GALLERY]

Sorry just re-read your post. Yes it would appear there is no reason not to have an external timer.[/i]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back