Rc Plus Wireless Room Stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, My RC Plus thermostat appears to have packed up. it's not the boiler, shorted out the link for the thermostat, all ok. Now, it appears the RF signal isn't either being transmitted or it's not being received, accrding to the instruction leafletl Any Idea how I can work out which unit is faulty. The "sender " appears to be operating as usual, the receiver sets up as per instruction apart from responding to the signal from the sender unit. How can I work out which bit is U/S ? Jeff

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yes, that's correct. I've worked through the checks, changed batterys, set the controller in manual mode - flame indicator comes on, goes off depending on set temperature, but can't get the red light on the receiver to either flash when carrying out the rf check, or go off in use. Jeff

turn the power off at the fuse spur and remove batteries from stat
turn the spur back on, press and hold both buttons on the receiver until ya see the red light flash.
replace the batteries in the stat and check signal is being received by turning the stat up/down..

be quick iam off to the pub in a min :LOL:

Hi, already done this - thanks for info - two or three times, so either the tx or rx is at fault, how do I decide which is my problem !! Jeff

Hi, already done this - thanks for info - two or three times, so either the tx or rx is at fault, how do I decide which is my problem !! Jeff
doesnt matter they come as a pair. If your sure they're no good, they both need replacing.

I suspected this might be the case, I'll most likely change to another make, ( think the B/Gas units wil be double any one else's price ) thanks for all the help, appriecate your trouble Jeff

its not a BG unit, its made by Drayton/ACL. Although in any case I'd fit a honeywell as replacement

Hi, update on the Thermostat problem. After further playing with the system, I established that the transmitter was transmitting, and the receiver was actually receiving the information, but not firing up the boiler. So I " deconstructed " the receiver unit, couldn't see any evidence of any problem. Put it back together, and realised I could hear the relay clicking, so took it apart again, cleaned the relay contacts put it back together, all working !! Now, I do realise that the contact problem could be due to a faulty capictor allowing sparking of the contacts, I'll just have to wait and see. I've bought a Honeywell system in case it picks Xmas eve to pack up again - although I've also discovered it's pretty easy to temporarliy " frig" the sytem to override the controls in an emergency. But thanks for all the help and suggestions, they put me on the right track Jeff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back