RCBO Vs Mini RCBO

The EV charger requires a standard size rcbo. I assume that can be installed alo guide the mini rcbo's for the rest of the circuits?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Most EV chargers have a 6 mA DC detection unit, so can use type A RCD/RCBO's some odd ones don't and need type B RCD/RCBO's I have not seen a single module width RCBO, so in the main it would need an RCD, it would also work out rather expensive so would likely be better to just ensure the EV charger does have the 6 mA DC detection unit, or add one, rather than use type B, I got caught out, saw type B on the box and thought oh good, type A would have been good enough, but as not a scheme member got some one else to fit it, then noted they were in fact type AC curve B, so don't make my mistake.

The EV charger requires a standard size rcbo. I assume that can be installed alo guide the mini rcbo's for the rest of the circuits?
An EV charge point installation requires an RCD which breaks all live conductors, so the neutral switching RCBOs are the correct choice. I suspect this is only available in the compact version.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back