RCBO - ??? - Wylex Consumer Unit

My garden gets quite cold in winter. So, I'm thinking of installing some radiators in the flowerbeds and some under-grass heating. Since this will all be wet areas, do I need to run an earth lead back to the CU? ;)

will the pipework be copper or plastic?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
But linking to Wikipedia does not advance the discussion at all.

I could do the reverse by quoting this

global warming hyperbole

and many others

I dunno myself and don't know who to believe.
Certainly not the low energy lamp brigade.

I didn't say I supported the "no global warming" camp.

Just thought it should be considered in addition to "we're all going to drown"

:confused:

Yup - nothing wrong with considering a wide range of views, and looking at all of the evidence and trying to form your own conclusion.

The only snag is that tens of thousands of people with genuine expertise have already done all that, and a huge majority of them have come to the conclusion that global warming is not a myth, and that man's input to it is significant.

There will always be a minority of dissenters, just as there was a minority who for years claimed that there was no link between tobacco smoking and lung cancer.

I firmly believe that anybody who, as a non expert, has looked at the available evidence and the prevailing expert opinions and still chooses to believe that "global warming is a myth" either has an innate susceptibility to ludicrous conspiracy theories or is refusing to accept the overwhelming truth because they personally don't like the consequences of it being true.

Regardless of whether human induced global warming is a myth or not (the media tend to come down on one side to an almost hysteric degree - bit like other storm in teacup scares such as salmonella, CJD and swine flu epidemics that never emerged on such predicted apocalyptic scales - hence it isn't unreasonable to have a degree of skepticism about it all), it makes an awful lot of sense to limit the speed at which we use what limited supplies we have.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back