RCBOs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Planning to replace the 4 6amp MCBs for lighting circuits with RCBOs to bring the installation into line with 17th edition

my question concerns the small flying lead earth 'reference' wires on each RCBO

should they be located each one into the respective position on the earth bar with the CPC for that circuit or can they be grouped together into one of the unused main earth positions on the bar

resason for asking this is the stranded reference wire is quite small and thin and may be prone to snapping or falling out if inserted with solid core CPCs, in my opinion they would be better twisted together and connected into a terminal of their own.

what is the best practice

btw the RCBOs are 'steeple' type b from denmans

Sponsored Links
Twisting them together isn't smart from a remove / replace point of view.

I terminate them in the earth bar position associated with the circuit. The wire is stranded and unlikely to break or snap due to tension from solid cpc cores.

Planning to replace the 4 6amp MCBs for lighting circuits with RCBOs to bring the installation into line with 17th edition

my question concerns the small flying lead earth 'reference' wires on each RCBO

should they be located each one into the respective position on the earth bar with the CPC for that circuit or can they be grouped together into one of the unused main earth positions on the bar

resason for asking this is the stranded reference wire is quite small and thin and may be prone to snapping or falling out if inserted with solid core CPCs, in my opinion they would be better twisted together and connected into a terminal of their own.

what is the best practice

btw the RCBOs are 'steeple' type b from denmans

Do you have access to the appropriate equipment to test the RCBOs and circuits after?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back