RCCB - can it be used for three different power supplies

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 4 pole RCCB installed in my house. Presently, I have single phase power supply. Since here lot of power cuts are there, I have an inverter which gives me power back up to all my light points. I have connected inverter output directly into the light point MCBs.

Now recently, my appartment people are giving me power back-up from the generator.

I have decided to connect my light points on inverter and few power points like the one having TV and one having refrigerator.

My question is can I connect all my three power supplies to single four pole RCCB, so that in event of anything going wrong, atleast I am sure that all my points have been cut off from power supply (any of the three power supplies). Or it has to be necessarily three phase supply.

Thanks and regards,
Amit

Sponsored Links
NO
It's not clear what you have, but RCCBs are not for your intended use(s). It can be dangerous and/or damage your equipment if the generator is not connected properly. You can fit a "no volts" switch to prevent re-energising, but it won't do all you want. There are pieces of equipment designed to do what you want, but I suggest that they are too expensive for most people. A safer idea would be to take the generator feed to a plug-in system for ad-hoc lights and sockets. Simple, easy to fit and cheap.
HTH

Sponsored Links
Back