RCD wiring?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've just bought an old house with a "heat as u go" type shower it works fine untill u look at the wiring all its got for protection is a 30 amp re wirable fuse!!! so i've got my 4mm twin isolation switch and MCB the only thing thats baffling me is the rcd. Off i go to the B n Q superstore where i find a 63amp 30ma 2p rcd for use on electric showers, 50 quid so i got it its been opened and no instructions so how do i wire it up its got 4 connections and mounted in a plastic case bit confused and everyone i know that will know the answers have all gone to spain ?? Please help cos till i know i ain't gettin in the shower (the mrs will be ok though right) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
...out but what you do with the earth??? its a plastic case? or am i stupid?

There should be a brass terminal fixed inside the case, the earth should be connected to that. As you said it's a plastic case so it cannot be earthed, the terminal is to ensure continuity of the earth from the supply to the shower

Sponsored Links
This is what confused me there is no terminal in the plastic box or anywhere on the rcd but im right in saying the earth doesnt go through the rcd just round. (the mrs is still useing shower)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back