re-changing randall rf wireless unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
having changed my clock timer to a randall 103 rf wireless thanks to the help i recieved on here, then realising it was just a room thermastat not a timer am now changing it to a rf wireless timer, the connections on new unit are 1-n 2-L 3-com 4-no 5-nc any idea on the wiring

Sponsored Links
Assuming that you have a 3-port m/valve; permanent live to 3, 5 to the white wire on the 3PV - plus obviously the neutral and other live.

will explain again what ive done
6pq57p5.jpg

these are the diagrams of my wiring, which i swapped an old randall clock timer for a digistat wireless one, i had 2 sets of wires going to the old randall uint

someone then helped whith this
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:46 pm Post Subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take it that it is a Drayton digistat rf.

Lives and neutrals are obvious earth goes into tag half way down on digistat backplate..

Wire that is in terminal 3 of randall goes to common (terminal 1) on digistat and wire that is in terminal 1 of randall goes to terminal 3 of digistat.

THI
plumbed it in as above and everything worked fine, but am now changing it again to an actual timer one, as the one ive fitted is only a thermastat,..
the new receiver box has 2 ways of plumbing the wires, volt free and 230vac, the new terninal block has 5 treminals,, any idea :(

Sponsored Links
Exact name and model of the new one you have bought..

Web address of manufacturers if you have it

Yeah nothing on web site so put a drawing on an makesure you get it right unlike the last one ;)
Someone should be able to work it it as it should be straight forward

Same as before live and neutrals into marked terminals....Put earth into a terminal block (if it dont fit remove a bit of plaster behind unit so it sits back..

wire that is in terminal one(common) of your present stat goes into terminal 3 of new back plate

wire that is in terminal 3 of your present stat goes into terminal 4 of your new on(going by drawing saying this is heating on outlet)

DO NOT put the live link in as in one of fig 4 drawings

having changed my clock timer to a randall 103 rf wireless thanks to the help i recieved on here, then realising it was just a room thermastat not a timer am now changing it to a rf wireless timer, the connections on new unit are 1-n 2-L 3-com 4-no 5-nc any idea on the wiring

In your previous posts you said that you were changing a Randall 103 for a Drayton Digistat RF2. Which is a thermostat with 24hr timer

You now says that you have installed a Randall 103 RF!! Can't find it on the Danfoss-Randall website.

You then say that you have bought the 908WHB-3B timer from Coronado.

According to their website it is:

Large LCD Screen Digital Programmable 5 + 1 + 1 day 2 Wire Volt Free. Heat/Cool. 24/250v 5 Amp ( Battery Operated ) Room Thermostat

So now you have two thermostat/timers or is it three?

thanks namsag, works great, saved me a few shillings
re - units, originally had a randall 103 old clock syle, changed that to a digistat rf1 and now to the lcd screen one

unit seams to be working fine, ie its reiceiving each other, but its not turning the heating on and off , any ideas

it seams its doing the oposite to what it should, ie its turning the heating off when the unit wants heat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back