Re: My B&Q kitchen installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Further to my previous posts on having my kitchen installed by B&Q and the pre-fitting saga I had :rolleyes: a few people asked me to update when it was done.

I'm pleased (and relieved!) to report that they did an absolutely sterling job. 2 days before delivery their head fitter was off work and they said they couldn't do our kitchen, so my fiance shouted at a few people til it got sorted out. The installations manager was very helpful, and managed to get another fitter to do the job who turns out to be their most reliable worker.

There was one fitter, the Corgi installer and the electrician, and it was done in 4 days. The tiler turned up on the Friday and did his bit, and the whole kitchen looks great. I'll stick a photo on later tonight!

Although we had a bit of a mess about with them, and they're quite expensive for installation (£2,800), I would recommend them although I'd say check out which fitter will be doing your kitchen and demand to see examples of his previous works.

We did have a couple of doors missing from the delivery but they were easily gotten from the store down the road. And they actually refunded us in cash for 4 extra doors that weren't on the order so we hadn't originally paid for them! Oh well, slight compensation for the original mess-up!!

The kitchen is guaranteed for 2 years, which is a good plus, but I'll let everyone know if things start fallin to bits! LOL...

Leanne

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back