re: no room thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
8) hi, this post will help my friend as well as myself. so thanks in advance for all replies.
My friends home has 10 rads but only some get hot, others stone cold, whats more there is no room thermostat. Am I right in telling them that there should be one, and if so what on earth is telling the system to switch off, is it the cylinder thermostat? :?: Also I suspect that there is a blockage in the flow and return pipework causing no heat to go to some radiators, am I right again in telling them that? :rolleyes:
Finally will flushing the entire system correct the problem and if so is there a way of flushing the entire system without removing every radiator? :idea:
Many thanks to all for your advice. :p

Sponsored Links
doblo7 said:
8) hi, this post will help my friend as well as myself. so thanks in advance for all replies.
My friends home has 10 rads but only some get hot, others stone cold, whats more there is no room thermostat. Am I right in telling them that there should be one,

Yes

and if so what on earth is telling the system to switch off, is it the cylinder thermostat? :?:

No, the Boiler stat

Also I suspect that there is a blockage in the flow and return pipework causing no heat to go to some radiators, am I right again in telling them that? :rolleyes:

Possibly. Try balancing though

Finally will flushing the entire system correct the problem

Depends what the problem is exactly

and if so is there a way of flushing the entire system without removing every radiator? :idea:

Powerflushing - you'd leave all rads on
Many thanks to all for your advice. :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back