room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a 15 year old central heating system with cold water tank in the loft and hot water cylinder in the aring cupboard. Boiler is a Potterton Profile model. The room thermostat Landis & Gyr is in the living room . The timer /programmer is in the kitchen i dont know what make it is probablly same as room thermostat as both would have been installed at the same time.

The living room is cold so i am putting an additional radiator and it is going be directly under the thermostat. i need to move the thermostat. to avoid the elecrtic work i am considering a wireless digital thermostat. what would be the ideal replacement?

is is possible to install programmable room thermostat? if so what happenns to existing timer in the kitchen
i may want to change to a combi boiler in a few years time

Any suggestions most welcome

thanks in advance

sam

Sponsored Links
i am considering a wireless digital thermostat. what would be the ideal replacement? is is possible to install programmable room thermostat?
Yes. Honeywell CM927 are very good.

what happens to existing timer in the kitchen?
You retain it to control the times for the hot water as the CM927 only controls heating times and temperatures. The CH part of the old timer can either be set to continuous or bypassed completely - just depends how the CM927 relay box is wired up.

I may want to change to a combi boiler in a few years time
No problem. The CM927 will be retained and the old timer ditched as you won't need a timer for HW if you have a combi.

i am considering a wireless digital thermostat. what would be the ideal replacement? is is possible to install programmable room thermostat?
Yes. Honeywell CM927 are very good.

IThanks for your advise

I have read some mixed views about Honeywell and that Siemens Rev 24 worked well where honetwell failed

will siemens rev24 be suitable.

sam

what happens to existing timer in the kitchen?
You retain it to control the times for the hot water as the CM927 only controls heating times and temperatures. The CH part of the old timer can either be set to continuous or bypassed completely - just depends how the CM927 relay box is wired up.

my heating control is in the kitchen and the boiler in the garage. in the kitchen i have all the electic equipments- fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, micriwave oven. if i place the receiver unit in the kitchen will it affect its perforamance ( interference)

thanks again
sam

I may want to change to a combi boiler in a few years time
No problem. The CM927 will be retained and the old timer ditched as you won't need a timer for HW if you have a combi.

Sponsored Links
I have read some mixed views about Honeywell and that Siemens Rev 24 worked well where Honeywell failed. Will Siemens rev24 be suitable.
Either will do. The Siemens are supposed to have worked better when there are more obstructions between transmitter and receiver; although they quote a max distance of 20 metres or 2 floors and Honeywell quote 30 metres. If you just have no more than one wall or floor between them either will do. It's really a case of which you find easier to use. Siemens are more expensive (£100 plus); there is a brand new Honeywell CM927 on Ebay for £65 all in.

My heating control is in the kitchen and the boiler in the garage. In the kitchen I have all the electric equipment- fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave oven. if I place the receiver unit in the kitchen will it affect its performance ( interference)
No, but make sure you follow the instructions about receiver location and distance from metal objects. I would put it high up, away from anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back