Re-pointing 20m patio with BIG gaps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just pressure washed my patio as it was all green (and should be lovely Indian Sandstone!!) and have found that a lot of areas need re-pointing.

Would I be right in thinking that the 12.5kg patch repair bags of premix cement from Wickes or the like would be suitable? Just add water and start pointing?

Most of the gaps are 2cm-3cm wide, and about the the same deep. Am I likely to need mega numbers of bags to complete this job?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Go for a separate mix ie, bag of cement and sand, plastering sand is a bit more grittier and doesn't crumble up so easy as soft building sand.
Mix about 4 sand to 1 cement.

Its easy for people in the building game to over/underestimate in those situations so my advice is just buy a bag and see how far you get.

I know not ideal but one option could be to use a jointing compound either to full in the gaps or if you can be bothered, you could jet wash the existing mix out and start afresh. A product like *********, in my experience, is much longer lasting and effective. If you need anywhere to buy it from a company called **********

Sponsored Links
Do not buy it from LSD - they are a bunch of lying thieves who will rob you blind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back