Re-routing bath waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Sort of a plumbing question...

I'm fitting a new bathroom, and for various reasons the new bath is oriented 180 degrees from the old one. So the bath trap and waste pipe need to run along under the length of the bath to meet up with the existing waste pipework.

The bath feet kit consists of two extruded steel bars, which go across the width of the bath, screwed into the baseboard, and have the legs attached outboard. Problem is, the one nearest the plug hole prevents the fitting of the bath trap as it would foul.

I can't reroute the waste pipe under the floor board because it would interfere with existing copper plumbing which I can't re-route.

The only solution I can think of is to cut the bar into two so the waste pipe runs between the two parts, then make sure that the actual feet are directly under the bath baseboard, rather than outboard of this (which would result in the screws being pulled out and a small tsunami when the bath is filled).

Can anyone offer an opinion on whether this is safe/acceptable, or supply any other ideas?

Thanks
Jim

Sponsored Links
I really wouldnt cut anything on the bath, there is a risk you will compromise it's structural integrity and create a possibility of the bath splitting or worse still, someone putting a foot through it.... :eek: Bear in mind it needs to hold the weight of the water and whoever is bathing in it!

I think your only option is to reroute the waste. If it wont line up with the existing (which may now be too high anyway to achieve a fall over the longer distance) then cap the current waste and fit new as required.

Can the new pipe not run along the wall and then come round the feet/bar at the head of the bath. the trap would then sit parallel to the bar taking the feet.

As above, don't cut the bar and make sure there is enough fall on the new pipe/

Tim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back