Re-routing incoming Virgin Media cabling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am rennovating my flat, and adding internal insulation which means moving all my services. Although I don't currently use it, there is VM cabling run into my flat that I would like to move.

What I am thinking is to fit an IP64 box on the wall outside and to run the existing VM cabling into that and then I will run some new cabling from that to where I want the new sockets to be. I won't bother with terminating the cables in the box but leave that for if/when the VM is made live.

Does anyone see any issues with what I am proposing ?

Sponsored Links
VM is a rental system so - in theory - all equipment and cable is owned by VM and ought to be approved and installed by a VM installer.

In practice, you can often get away with installing your own cable provided that you use suitable cable and approved isolators for safety. As there are already at least two recent discussions here on this topic, I suggest you locate and read them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back