Extend New Type Virgin Media Cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

We have just had Tivo and VM Fibre broadband delivered on a self install package. Virtually all the supplied cables are too short. Basically a cable from the inlet to splitter, the two more from there to Tivo and home hub.

The connectors are something I've never seen before - they are very fancy looking push fit, not the screw type I have seen on VM and Sky before, the connectors are moulded on to cable. Never seen anything like these before!

I need to know if these cables are available anywhere or do I need to pay Virgin several hundred quid to come and move everything?

Cheers :)

Sponsored Links
Screenshot_2015-11-27-13-32-59.png
Screenshot_2015-11-27-13-32-59.png

Sponsored Links
I think my first step would be to give VM a call and ask then to send longer cables!

If you have to, then Webro HD100 is the cable to use. You'll need for screw on F connectors too unless you want to shell out bigger bucks on the compression fit plugs.

Thank you for your replies guys

Sam Gangee, the Push fit F plugs you linked to look a bit different - do you / anyone else know if they will be exactly compatible with what Virgin have sent me?

Otherwise, in view of the fact this is Tivo and VM Fibre - Am I ok to just replace everything (cables from wall cable point, splitter and internal cables to TV & router) with screw type connectors and the cable suggested by Lucid above?

I don't think VM are going to send me the amount cable needed as I want the TV in the next room! I'm perfectly capable of running some AV cable underfloor though so as long as I know I can just replace the cable and splitter I'll probably just go for that option.

Many thanks

F plugs are F plugs. The only difference is the cable diameter and you need to choose plugs to suit that. I haven't seen any plugs specifically for HD100 but WF100 is as good (if not better - lower losses) and plugs are available for that. You don't have to use push-fit plugs or adapters; ordinary F plugs with nuts are fine and unlikely to disconnect themselves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back