Re-routing kitchen waste pipes to bypass Saniflo

DRW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After putting up with a cantankerous Saniflo for too many years, it's time to throw the thing in the bin and route my kitchen waste pipework in a more traditional manner.

The Saniflo had been fitted because the kitchen floor sits below outside ground level, and the macerator was intended to avoid breaching the DPC. Instead, I now intend to drill through the wall at DPC height and deal with it using silicone/tanking/DPC wrapping or whatever it takes.

My problem is how to get the waste pipes out of the wall as high as possible. There's a one-and-a-half-bowl sink, a washing machine and a dishwasher, all fighting for the same outlet. It currently has a Wirquin extra-flat sink trap, using a spigot between the sink and trap to accept waste from the dishwasher - which takes the pipework too low (thus the Saniflo).

The kitchen floor is too low for a traditional standpipe for washing machine or dishwasher, so are there any other shallow trap-type systems I could consider?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back