re: smeg dishwasher DWF614SS drain pump fault?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a SMEG DWF614SS dishwasher and it has developed a fault.

Every time the drain pump runs the dishwasher stops its cycle. On some programs this occurs 4 times throughout a program so its a bit of a pain.
However if you press and hold the 'play' button the drain pump will pump and empty happily and at a good flow rate. Once it has finished emptying then it happily moves on to the next part of the cycle and you can let go of the button.

If you don't press the button continually during this part of the cycle the dishwasher audibly starts to pump via the drain pump but immediately cuts out and stop the cycle.

I have stripped the pump out and tested it and it seems fine. Whilst inside I checked all other pumps, switches meters etc and all seem fine also.

Is this possibly a controller board failure or is the pump not quite as healthy as it seems when tested in isolation?

Thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Just saw your post and I've got exactly the same model with exactly the same issue, stopping during the cycle when it comes to the draining phase.

Did you manage to get it resolved?

I've already replaced the PCB and that didn't resolve it :(

I think it maybe due to the drain pump motor drawing too much current for the PCB to deliver, so if you hold the button down (or use the float switch) the motor runs continuously.

I'm tempted to replace the motor to see what gives. My only reservation is that it could be caused by something else e.g. the small white electical cylinder near the pump motor which has a white wire between it and the pump motor. Unfortunately I haven't got an electical wiring diagram for it. I've asked on the support site but I should image they will say no as I'm not a registered Smeg 'Engineer'

Cheers
Charles

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back