SMEG DWD612C Drain Pump pulses for 1/2 Second then stops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem on my SMEG DWD612C Dishwasher

When I press and hold the program select button (to start), the unit double beeps as normal, the Prewash program phase light flashes, then I hear a pulse of life (about 1/2 second) from the drain pump but then it stops. The Prewash light then goes out but the other 3 program phase lights then come on (Wash, Rinse, Dry). The unit stays like this with no filling or any other operation. I have tried doing this with a drained dishwasher and with water in it, but the same thing happens on both occassions

There is only one Program Selection light on throughout this process. So no alarms are displayed.

I have inspected the unit, there is no water in the undertray and the anti-flood float switch seems ok. If I hold the anti-flood float up, the drain pump will run continuously and the dishwasher drains OK so there are no blockages on the outlet side.

I have fitted a new drain pump because I initially thought it was that.

I have removed the pressure capilliary tube from the base of the sump and blow slightly, the pressure switch can be heard to operate.

I have checked the door switch with a meter and this is OK.

I have looked at the control PCB and there is nothing visually wrong.

HELP ME SOMEONE - THE MISSUS IS THREATENING DIVORCE !

Sponsored Links
Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I have a DWI612C doing exactly the same thing with the same blown mains suppressor. I have just ordered a new suppressor and drain pump and am hoping I having wasted my money!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back