re-training

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
adavice needed please.

I am a 39 year old marine electrician who is trying to get back onshore.
I did the 16th edition years ago and did hold the JIB maintainance card until they changed the rules and i had to give it up.
What qualifications would i now need to get back onshore and wheres the best place to do them.
I live near south shields college and Newcastle polly tech.
I lost my JIB because you now need a health and saftey ticket ,which i have but it was not an onshore one.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Depends on the type of electrical work you want to carry out and in which sector. Commercial, domestic, industrial, installation maintenance etc,

Which qualifications do you have at present?

I ve got all the C&G 1,2,3 and 4 electrical and electronic craft studies .Though i have done the 15th and 16th edition in 1994.
The C&G qualifications are electrical plant and did not have a number ,like now they are called 232 etc.They were done in the period 1983 -1987,we used to do proper apprenticeships them days.
As i say i had to give my JIB card as i could not do the health and safety ticket that was required by the JIB.ridiculous when i had been in the JIB for 11 years,but thats life.

I wish do more on the maintainance side than installation but would be interested once i get back onshore.

Help appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back