Re-wiring a 10 pin connector. Help please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The photo's show the male end of a ten pin connector. It is for a lighting control unit. One of the wires has come out of the connector. It cant just be put back in. Can anyone tell me where I can get a new connector with wires attached or how you fit a new wire into the existing connector. The connector still has the metal pin inside which wont even push out. Any advice on these connectors appreciated. Thanks.

19214034568.jpg

19214034511.jpg

Sponsored Links
The pins of those connector are usually held in the body by a small tongue of metal on the pin latching against a step in the plastic connector body.

It is often possible to push something like the blade of a jewellers screwdriver or even a bent paper clip between the pin and the connector body to depress the tongue and remove the pin.

Solder the pin onto the wire then clip it back into the connector body.

The connector looks similar to the power connectors used in some PCs. You may be able to salvage one from an old power unit.

Your connector looks very similar to a Molex Minifit Jr connector. You may be able to get one from the likes of Maplin or RS Components

I tried getting the pin out but it now seems beyond repair. Can you get ust the pin part, or where can I buy a conector kit like this. Ive looked at maplins but can see any. Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back