Reaching casement window handles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m having a hard time finding replacement casement windows so that the missus is able to close the windows in the kitchen. The distance from the counter and the midpoint height of the lever is out of reach and requires a stool to grab it. Can window manufacturers put the levers lower, or is there any options to have extended levers? Any other suggestions or options would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Being a short arse, my kitchen window is hard to reach.
I use the spud masher to open the window.
A posher version could be a broom handle with a screw eye in one end and a rubber foot on the other?

Haha. Our existing casement windows have 2 latches. The upper one never gets closed and barely reach the low one. All the new windows seem to have the handle at the centre point. Wanted to see if there were any manufacturers that can put the single lever lower, or put in the spindle/crank like American units.

Sponsored Links
I’m having a hard time finding replacement casement windows so that the missus is able to close the windows in the kitchen. The distance from the counter and the midpoint height of the lever is out of reach and requires a stool to grab it. Can window manufacturers put the levers lower, or is there any options to have extended levers? Any other suggestions or options would be appreciated.

This can be achieved with an espagnolette that comes with a gearbox and separate extensions

for example this yale one:

https://www.windowware.co.uk/rod-size-0-no-mushroom

if you currently have upvc windows, there is a chance you might get a lock that fits it -you would need to know the upvc profile to ensure you get the right keeps (and you would need to know the mushroom height, backset and whether espag is offset or not).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back