Reading material

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm, just wondering if anyone can recommend some woodwork books for a beginner so I can find about the different types of wood, joints & tools etc as I've had a look at some magazines in WH Smiths but they seem to be for people with a fair bit of experience or experts

Cheers
Ken

Sponsored Links
Take a trip to your library (remember those?). A larger town-centre library will have a whole range of books covering that subject which you can browse, borrow, or note down in order to buy your own copy.

Just use Google. Loads of info on line.

Sponsored Links
Take a trip to your library (remember those?). A larger town-centre library will have a whole range of books covering that subject which you can browse, borrow, or note down in order to buy your own copy.

That's what I would do. Online searches pull up so much stuff that it's difficult to sort the dross from the gold especially if you're not sure what you want. It's difficult to get an idea of how useful a book is from an online description too, at a library you can get a good idea of which authors' styles you like and so on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back