Ready Mixed Floor Tile Adhesive is it suitable for wall tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a tub of Ronseal Tile on Concrete Floor adhesive and grout, can I use this to fix 330 x 250 mm ceramic tiles on to ceramic tiles on a kitchen wall.

If not what would you advise, it is basically a strip between worktop and wall cupboards.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't use a product that's an adhesive and grout in one - they're horrible to apply and perform poorly in my opinion.
That size of tile is about as big as you want to be going if you want to use a pre-mixed adhesive. Ideally, a powdered adhesive should be used, but they are more difficult to use and are messier. The choice is yours.

Thanks, I used the powdered adhesive last time, but, got this tub off my lad and thought it might be ok, shame to waste something.

The powdered is cheaper, easy enough to mix in a bucket, I put it on a piece of contiboard about 18" square to make it easier to get on trowel.

I also use a piece of hard plastic as spatula to clean out bucket.

Terry

most ready mixed floor adhesives aint worth looking at never mind buying the good ones are very expensive and 24 hour setting i wouldnt use it a good tub of wall adhesive can be bought at trade price of £5.99 ball green star or nicobond ultra grip far better results with these products just bin it

Sponsored Links
Welcome to the forum welshy 901; however Tezbedz post is over a year old so unlikely it matters now ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back