Ready mixed wallpaper adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody use this stuff? When hanging papers such as Arthouse it specifically tells you to use it as its heavyweight, I hate using it! Is there an alternative, like maybe mixing some normal paste up but thicker? Or a little PVA added?

Sponsored Links
Use Solvite and add some ready mixed into it. This will be strong enough for any paper. ;)

I use solvite with approx 10% PVA added
I used to do that until I realised it was a big mistake.
Not normally a PVA basher :eek: but when you come to strip it, it's awful because it doesn't soften up like paste and you can't wash the walls down properly.
I was unfortunate enough to follow my own work many years ago after using a pva paste mix - never again. :eek:

Sponsored Links
There is that problem.. :rolleyes: .I only tend to do it with lining paper & Ive not had to strip any of my own work yet ;)

I always find the most effective wallpaper adhesive is Henkel Solvite Extra Strong Wallpaper Adhesive. It takes 20 seconds to mix and is ready to use in 2 minutes. It doesn't cost an arm and a leg and you can buy it from most well known diy shops. If you have trouble finding it, you could try these guys http://www.decoratingwarehouse.co.uk I know these guys stock it because I ordered from here a couple of weeks ago.

Robbie, you say mix some ready mixed in, how much? Will it be ok for really heavy papers? Would I mix the Solvite up using the ratio for 'heavy papers'.

Sorry not been on for a while... as LJW says. mix the solvite as normal for heavy weight papers and add the ready mixed into it, good stir up and away you go. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back