wallpaper paste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

a workmate has given me a tip, where by he mixes wallpaper paste (solvite) then adds some ready mixed to it when he hangs vinyl papers. Has anyone tried this ( does it work) thanks

Sponsored Links
i was trying to figure out what the point is, perhaps you could explain?

breezer said:

Yeh I must admit I cant see the point either...mix ordinary paste and add PVA to it yes..but not ready mixed paste..it will hardly make any difference.

Sponsored Links
Zampa said:
breezer said:

Yeh I must admit I cant see the point either...mix ordinary paste and add PVA to it yes..but not ready mixed paste..it will hardly make any difference.
So what's the pva for? I would have thought that the product developers would have designed the paste so it was fine as it was. :confused:

PVA in paste. :eek: Big mistake. You'd never strip it.

gcol said:
Zampa said:
breezer said:

So what's the pva for? I would have thought that the product developers would have designed the paste so it was fine as it was. :confused:

Ordinary paste as it stands it fine for most papers and surfaces adding a bit of PVA just gives it an extra bit of tack, handy in certain environments.

I dont do it all the time..only when I think it needs a 'drop of someone extra'...

A while back a couple of brands of paste actually supplied a little tube of PVA to add to it...bit of a gimmick really.

As for not bing able to strip it...thats someone elses problem, not mine...mine is making sure it stays where the customer has paid me to put it..but to be honest ive never had any grief stripping paper that ive stuck on jobs if the customer has been foolish enough to have me back a second time!! :evil:

Amounts..if you mix about 7 litres of water to one standard size bag of paste I add about 1/2 a tea mug full of 'jollop'..

I use pve neat behind rads prior to papering behind them...id really rather that then then paper coming off as it does very easily.

perhaps it tastes nicer if you eat it?

Not funny...I was once the victim of a wallpaper paste sandwich :evil: only had one bite :mad: ..

I can highly recommend it if your constipatated!..I. shattus thoughertus the eeium of a needlium...to use the full latin phrase!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back